Post University has the following motto:
“At Post University, you never get lost in the crowd. Everyone here is treated like a star.”
Click HERE to find out more about Post University’s online degree programs.
Post University has been in the business of providing excellent education for over 125 years. Post began in 1890 as a business school to train people in the skills needed to succeed in the burgeoning industries of Connecticut. The school still retains the name of their principal from the 1890s, Harry Post. On the cutting edge of technological advancement and global vision, Post University established an off-campus site in 1970. Shortly thereafter, Post offered its first accelerated degree programs which were geared toward Vietnam veterans obtaining the education needed to find productive work. In the 1980’s, along with offering their first baccalaureate programs, Post College also obtained a sports facility to support their successful NCAA Division II athletic programs. Also, in the 80’s, Post began to offer on-site programs to companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Pratt & Whitney, Cigna and Hartford. In 1996, Post College became the first college in Connecticut to offer fully online accelerated and accredited degree programs. In 2006, the school offered its first online master’s degree program and in 2007, Post University became the first in the state to offer a fully online Master of Business Administration degree program. In 2009, their Master of Education degree program was offered fully online and one year later, their Master of Public Administration degree program joined the list of fully online programs at Post University. At this time, the school also added a state-of-the-art synthetic turf field and softball field for their Football, Soccer and LaCrosse teams. In 2015, Post University celebrated its 125th anniversary of providing an innovative and leading-edge education for its students.
- Post University is licensed by the Connecticut Office of Financial and Academic Affairs for Higher Education. Information on this accreditation can be found here.
- Post University is accredited by the State of Connecticut which carries with it the authorization to award specified degrees.
- Post is also accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The University has been accredited by NEASC since 1972.
- Post University is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
- Almost every degree program in The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
The two most prominent online schools at Post University are the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business and the John P. Burke School of Public Service and Education.
“Principles that guided our nation now inspire a curriculum.”
The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business was named for Commerce Secretary, Malcolm Baldrige. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates. The fourteen undergraduate degree and certificate programs range from Finance and Business Management to Forensic Accounting and Sport Management. There are eight graduate degree and certificate programs which include Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Accounting degrees as well as Graduate Certificates in such areas of study as Entrepreneurship and Leadership. For a full list of degree and certificate programs offered by the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business, see here.
“Between practice and theory, you’ll find real solutions.”
The basic principle that guides the John P. Burke School of Public Service and Education is the idea that “yesterday’s methods won’t solve today’s most complex problems.” Attempting to combine “policy and practice” with “innovation and creative thinking,” the John P. Burke School of Public Service and Education offers 12 undergraduate degree programs and certificates in areas of study such as Child Studies, Criminal Justice and Emergency Management and Homeland Security. The school also offers 10 programs in graduate studies in the areas of Human Services and Education and also more specific certifications. All certificate and degree programs of the John P. Burke School of Public Service and Education are listed here.
Course Presentation and Flexibility:
Post University, on its website, has this message for its students: “…you’ll have the same academic support services as our full-time, on-campus students, including access to academic advising, tutoring, our writing center and our virtual library.” In order to achieve this, Post University offers prompt feedback, no set log-in times for online classes and 24/7 support. Although there are no class times or strict log-in times, professors offer feed back in real time and class discussions are highly encouraged, giving online students opportunity to interact with other students and professionals. The classes are geared toward motivating the student to learn independently and yet stay engaged with the material of the course in a pro-active way.
- In 2012, Noelle Taddie, Associate Professor of Accounting at Post University, was appointed President of the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Two of Post University’s instructors, Rose Handon, Ph.D. and Sherrilyn Bernier, Ed.D., were included in the Final 10 Nominees for BestCollegesOnline.com’s 2012 Professor of the Year Award. Both professors taught in Post University’s John P. Burke School of Public Service.
- Child Studies Associate Professor Patrice Farquharson. Ph.D. was selected, in 2013, as the recipient of the University of Connecticut’s Neag School of Education’s Alumni Society Outstanding Higher Education Professional award.
- In 2013, Dr. Kevin T. McGinniss, Associate Faculty member for the Sport Management degree program offered through the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business was named President of the Eastern College Athletic Conference Board of Directors.
- Professors engage the students in classroom discussions and provide feedback to students in real time.
- Teacher/Student Ratios
- According to U.S. News and World Report, the student-faculty ratio at Post University is 19:1. The school has 80.9 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. According to Post University website, the average class consists of 13 students.
School Awards and Recognition:
Post University has been widely recognized as one of the best choices for online college education. Post achievements and the high quality of their online programs have been noted by several academic and media organizations. On their latest Awards and Recognition webpage Post provides many examples of recognition and honors the university has achieved:
- U.S. News & World Report (2015): In 2015, U.S. News & World Report ranked Post University among the best online bachelor’s programs. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Post University among the best online bachelor’s programs since 2013.
- Better Business Bureau: Post University has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Rankings are based on a scale of A+ to F. Post University has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2010 for 5 years of continuous accreditation.
- Military Friendly® School and Top School for Military: Post University has been selected by GI Jobs as a top Military Friendly® school for the 5th consecutive year. Post University also was selected as a TOP SCHOOL in Military Advanced Education & Transition Magazine.
- Military Times: In 2015 Post University was ranked among the best online schools by Military Times’ “Best for Vets” survey. Also Post University’s Malcolm Baldrige School of Business was ranked among the best business schools in 2013 and 2014.
- Connecticut Quality Improvement Award: Post University was awarded a 2015 Silver Innovation Prize from the Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Partnership, Inc., for its implementation of performance analysis tools to improve online classroom engagement between instructors and students.
- Top 30 Affordable Online Master’s Degrees in Accounting: Accounting Degree Review ranked Post University #12 out of the top 30 online master’s degree programs.
- Open Education Database Accreditation: Post University is accredited with the Open Education Database, an organization that ranks more than 1,600 schools that offer online degree programs.
- Payscale.com Ranking: Payscale.com ranked Post University’s Malcolm Baldrige School of Business in the Top 10 for Return on Investment (ROI) in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- NCAA: Post University is home to 20 NCAA Division II Sports.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
Post University understands that college tuition and other related educational costs can often stand in the way of gaining a college education. For those eager to improve their career opportunities or to advance their current career, even the financial application process can be a confusing and daunting process. In order to meet these needs, Post University maintains a financial aid staff trained to assist current and prospective students on how to navigate the course of both applying for and securing financial aid. Information about Post University Financial Aid options can be found on Post’s user friendly financial aid webpage. Post’s financial aid team can be reached through Post’s financial aid webpage, by telephone or email. Post’s financial aid experts work with each student on a personal basis, assessing need case by case in order to develop personalized plans for each student that best corresponds to each student’s needs.
Post University’s financial aid webpage states that over 92% of the university’s applicants qualify for some form of financial aid. Post University provides access to Federal Aid in the forms of both Loans and Grants. Post also assists students, as a last resort, by directing students where to seek Private Loan sources. Merit scholarships for online students, however, are currently limited, to graduate students.
Additional Tuition Discounts are also available. Post offers graduate alumni discounts, family discounts, corporate partnership discounts and senior citizens discounts to students who meet the necessary qualifications. Students may select only one such discount at a time.
Post University maintains a Military Benefit program for students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. These benefits are open to students on active duty, currently serving in the National Guard, veterans and eligible family members of servicemen and women. Tuition discounts are given on a per credit hour basis for both undergraduate and graduate students. For those in the Military Benefit program all books, electronic course fees and technology fees are provided at no charge. Additional education assistance programs are available through specific branches of the military.
Financial Aid and Types of Scholarships available at Post University:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
- Federal Work Study
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loans
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal Parent Plus Loans
- Federal Graduate Plus Loans
- Post Scholars Scholarship (Graduate Students)
The following table is based upon data from the National Center for Education Statistics combined with information taken from Post University’s Financial Aid webpage. The table compares the yearly cost for 31 online schools, colleges and universities similar to Post University. The data collected shows how the cost of Post University instruction for full-time undergraduate students is slightly higher than the average yearly cost across comparable institutions. According to the National Center for Education Statistics and Post University’s reported tuition rates, the average cost for full time undergraduate online study with Post University is $13,880. Full time graduate education is $7,040.
Post University remains committed to the success of their students, even after graduation. In order to give their students the greatest opportunities to realize their career goals, Post employs a staff of Career Service experts whose mission “is to enable and encourage students to make informed career decisions through diverse and comprehensive services, which can lead to successful internships and employment.” Post maintains an informative and easily navigable Career Services webpage that lists the many services Post provides its students and graduates.
- Job Search Assistance
- Resume Writing
- Letter Composition
- Available Careers According to Major
- Social Media and Networking Skills
- Online Career Tools
Post’s vocational and career planning guidance begins in a student’s first year of study and continues throughout the duration of a given course of study. Post’s career services webpage explains:
“To enhance their potential and future marketability, students are encouraged to follow a Career Planning Timeline designed for their class (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior) which focuses on the three components of academic, career planning and extracurricular activities to enhance their learning, skills and attractiveness in the world of work when they graduate.”
Post’s Office of Career Services is a member of the “National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), National Career Development Association (NCDA), and the Connecticut Cooperative Education and Internship Association (CCEIA).” Membership in these professional associations ensures that Post University Career Services staff stands at the cutting edge of employment and career information and technology. Post University students and graduates therefore can be assured that they are receiving the best career planning guidance and assistance available, which help guarantee the greatest financial return and security on the investment of precious time and money in a Post University online education.
Post University is featured on our website in the following: