Business Administration is a study devoted to the consultation and leadership in a corporate or academic setting. It is a broad field that caters to a range of management positions in major companies and organizations. Earning a degree in this field is every student’s ticket to becoming effective administrators or managers that bring order, development, and success in any business.
Business Administration leads to a variety of lucrative career specializations in a fast-moving industry. We list 10 great concentrations you can pursue as a Business Administration undergraduate or graduate.
Concentrations in Business Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Computer Information Systems
- Healthcare Management
- General Business
- Global Business
Specializing in Marketing as a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) graduate, your work involves brand management, product development, and sales management. This study grasps consumer behavior to satisfy customer needs and develop creative advertising techniques. Focused on Marketing, Business Administration students grow into company leaders as they learn and apply analytical, research, and strategical skills to maximize profits of their line, brand, or business. A marketing manager earns up to $149,200 annually.
SEE OUR PICKS OF THE BEST MARKETING DEGREE PROGRAMS:
- Best Online Schools for Associates in Marketing
- Best Online Schools for Bachelor’s of Marketing
- Best Online Schools for Master’s in Marketing
- Best Online Schools for Doctorate in Marketing
Marketing Career Questions?
- How do I earn my online Bachelor’s degree in Marketing?
- What career and salary can I expect with an online Bachelor’s degree in Marketing?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages to earning my online Bachelor’s degree in Marketing?
- Should I specialize in Digital Media Marketing while earning my online Bachelor’s degree in Marketing?
- What sort of career responsibilities will be required of me with my online Bachelor’s degree in Marketing?
Business Administration with Financial emphasis centers on investment, portfolio, money management, and financial markets. The specific field of Finance provides in-depth comprehension of personal and international financial topics and tackles investments, risk evaluation, securities buy and sell, business computing, investment research, and trade. Graduates are expected to possess sharp market value assessment skills and may advance to become financial analysts, financial advisors, budget analysts, or financial consultants. These professionals focus on investment planning, debt management, and retirement plans. Finance professionals also make financial reports for shareholders to release to the public. They earn about $85,660 per year.
SEE OUR PICKS OF THE BEST ONLINE SCHOOLS IN FINANCE:
- Best Online Schools for Associates in Finance
- Top Online Schools for Bachelor’s of Finance
- Best Online Schools for Master’s in Finance
- Best Online Schools for Doctor of Finance
Finance Concentration questions?
- How do I earn my online Bachelor’s degree in Finance?
- What are the advantages of earning my online Bachelor’s degree in Finance?
- What career and salary can I expect with an online Bachelor’s degree in Finance?
- What kind of certification will I need in addition to my online Bachelor’s degree in Finance?
- What three sectors of finance should I consider while earning my online Bachelor’s degree in Finance?
As the study that centers on microeconomic (individual consumer) and macroeconomic (whole economy) theories and principles, Economics is integral to supply and demand. Business Administration graduates with this concentration also deal with employment problems and pricing strategies. Degree holders also get insight on economics on a global scale and take up math, business, and finance communication courses. Acquiring a bachelor’s degree can land you various positions relating to Economics as a discipline; however, master’s degree holders take on executive roles in investment firms, banks, and private corporations.
SEE OUR PICKS OF THE BEST ONLINE SCHOOLS IN ECONOMICS:
Human Resource Management
With a concentration in Management, Business Administration graduates can lead and motivate colleagues in the workplace. They typically become part of the Human Resource Management team that deals with the recruitment, training, discipline, career development, or retention of employees and professionals in the work setting. Human Resource Managers cultivate the growth of a company and secure its sustainability through efficient workforce leadership and management. An HR manager in a top firm can earn as high as $116,720 per year.
SEE OUR PICKS OF THE BEST ONLINE SCHOOLS IN human resources management :
- Best Online Schools for Associates in Human Resources
- Best Online Schools for Bachelor’s of Human Resources
Courses on the eCommerce curriculum in Business Administration include eSystem analysis and design, telecommunications, emergent information technologies, information system design, database marketing, and global operations information technology. BA in eCommerce students lands jobs as internet marketers, internet application designers, and management specialists. With online businesses on steady growth, holders of Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration on eCommerce get ahead in the game. They are expected to have gained forward-thinking administration and eCommerce management skills, a deeper insight into eCommerce as a business.
Computer Information Technology
Today, many business administration majoring in computer information systems degrees are already available for learning online. Students will gain much knowledge in the design, analysis, management, and planning of information systems. Students undergo training for hardware, software, and database memory for this line of work that involves the maintenance and upgrade of business systems.
Programs online offer a wide range of materials and lectures, including interaction in message boards. Special programs may require an associate’s degree or certain general ed courses like science or mathematics as an enrollment requirement. The average median pay for a Computer and Information Systems Manager is $146,360.
SEE OnlineSchoolsCenter’s Picks of the Best in all Degree Levels of Computer Information Technology:
- Best Online Schools for Associate of Information Technology
- Top Online Schools for Bachelor of Information Technology
- Best Online Schools for Doctor of Information Technology
From financial transaction records to account reconciliation, this area of business administration works around transactions and statements to keep track of business expenses or profits from small establishments, bigger companies to colleges/universities.
Accounting carries several specialties: tax accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, auditing are just a few examples. When you become an accountant, you become directly involved in planning financial systems to tax laws. The average median pay of an accountant or auditor is $71,550.
WE HAVE SEVERAL ACCOUNTING OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- Best Online Schools for Associate of Accounting Degree Programs
- Most Affordable Online Schools for Bachelor of Accounting Degrees
- Top Online Schools for Bachelor’s in Accounting Degree Programs
- Top Online Master’s of Management Accounting
- Best Online Doctorates in Accounting
- Accounting Career Guide: Salary and Info
- Best Concentrations in Accounting
BACHELOR’S in accounting faqs
- Is a career in Accounting right for me?
- What is the difference in a Bookkeeper, an Accountant and a Certified Public Accountant?
- What is the difference in an online Bachelor of Arts degree and an online Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting?
- What career and salary can I have with my online Bachelor of Accounting degree?
- How do I earn an online Bachelor’s degree in Accounting?
MASTER’S in accounting faqs
- When should I pursue a Master’s of Accounting degree?
- How do I earn an online Master’s degree in Accounting?
- What kind of career and salary can I expect with my online Master’s degree in Accounting?
- Which type of Master’s degree in Accounting is best for me?
Healthcare innovation is on an unprecedented rise, and the business side of it is constantly evolving. Focusing on the Healthcare Management field, Business Administration tackles business trends in the healthcare landscape. While a relatively new Business Administration concentration, Healthcare Management is becoming a popular specialization as it tackles healthcare economics, healthcare law, healthcare risk management, healthcare informatics, and healthcare policies. With a degree in healthcare management, graduates become professionals who manage and lead employees. Job titles include healthcare managers, healthcare administrators, or healthcare consultants in healthcare facilities such as hospitals and clinics. Medical and health services managers earn a median pay of $100,980.
IS HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT IN YOUR FUTURE? CHECK OUT OUR PICKS HERE:
- Best Online Schools for Bachelor of Health Care Management Degree Programs
- Top Online Schools for Master’s of Healthcare Administration
- Best Online Schools for Doctor of Healthcare Administration Programs
- 20 Highest Paying Jobs in Healthcare
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS IN HEAlthcare management
- Can I earn a Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration degree through an Online Program?
- What kind of degree do I need to become a Healthcare Administrator?
- What sort of career can I expect as a Healthcare Administrator?
- What kind of salary can I expect with my Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration?
- Can I transition from being a Registered Nurse into a career in Healthcare Administration?
As a Business Administration concentration, General Business educates students on the several functional aspects of the business. Generally, students are required to choose their specific coursework. They deal with advanced concepts in finance, management, economics, marketing, and accounting, while also completing business information technology courses. A broad overview of business as an industry offers students entry-level management positions.
From Associates to doctorates in BA, We’ve got you covered:
- Best Online Schools for Associate of Business Administration
- Best Online Schools for Accelerated Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Degrees
- Most Affordable Online Schools for Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Degrees
- Top Online Master’s of Business Administration
- Top Online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Programs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS IN business MANAGEMENT
- How do I earn an online Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration?
- What are the advantages of earning an online Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration?
- What career and salary can I pursue with my online Bachelor of Business Administration degree?
- What kind of certifications are available to add to my online Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration?
- Should I work an internship while earning my online Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration?
Sometimes called International Business, this concentration prepares students for demanding business administration work in international corporations. Your Business Administration degree with Global Business concentration carves you a career path that involves multinational agencies, companies, and financial institutions. You could be working for billion-dollar firms or organizations, globally known charities, and foundations, or world-leading consumer goods conglomerates. Courses in Global Business concentration include global outsourcing strategy, global banking, and capital markets, emerging financial markets, monetary policy, operations for global entrepreneurs.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS IS ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR TOPICS:
- Top Master’s of International Relations Degree Programs
- Best Online Doctorates in International Relations
- What kind of career options do I have with a Master’s degree in International Relations?
- How do I obtain a Master’s degree in International Relations?
- Should I work an Internship while earning my online Master’s degree in International Relations?
- What is the most popular career choice within the field of International Relations?
- What kind of career and salary can I expect with an online Master’s degree in International Relations?